General Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations. Authors are asked to advise their preference; however, the decision of which abstracts to select for oral presentation is the responsibility of the Congress Scientific Committee.
Abstracts must be submitted via the Congress website only. Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Please note that there are no limits on the number of abstracts which can be submitted, however, each individual will be selected to present a maximum of two presentations (either Oral or Poster presentation).
The Congress Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted. They will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserve the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
A confirmation email will be sent to you when your abstract has been received. Please refer to your abstract by number, title and presenting author in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university-specific publications office or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other prior meeting. If, however, the abstract to be presented is on a topic you have used before, but now have developed a new poster or presentation with a varied viewpoint (or focused on a different aspect of the research) then you are welcome to submit the abstract.
Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
Abstracts may not be edited/updated after final submission. You are welcome to bring an updated abstract onsite with you.
Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation e-mail after clicking the final submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
2. Author and co-authors' details -
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
4. Abstract text – limited to 250 words
- A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images:
- It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words
- A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB - The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixels
- You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
- Materials and methods
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category and topic area for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category and topic most suited to your abstract. You can find the list of abstract topics here.
Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.